iTunes is communism. I really dislike it. In all my Apple revelry, I think iTunes has become overly cumbersome, initially to stop piracy, but recently to keep people in the Apple environment. That's digital communism.
Why iTunes is bad
- The desktop software is pathetic.
- It greys out a lot of your music (In South Africa) - including mp3's I bought from artist websites!
- It's complicated - I've been using it for years and I still can't use it properly
Why Google Play Music is good
- The phone app is simple, with key feature where you need them
- Compared to iTunes for desktop being so big and bulky, Google has a very simply desktop uploader and player.
- Simply add your mp3's to a folder and they're uploaded, no complications
BUT Google Play Music does not support family accounts in South Africa yet. So it's iTunes for a little while longer for me...